Companion Planting: Benefits of growing flowers in between of the vegetables
In the gardening language it is called “Companion Planting”, where we grow plants to help each other in growth and propagation. There are following benefits of growing flowers in between of vegetable plants:
Benefits of growing flowers in between of the vegetables
- Flowers attract bees and other beneficial insects to your garden which help in better pollination for our vegetables and fruits. As we grow a very small number of vegetable and fruit plants in our balcony or terrace it is very difficult to attract bees and other insects which make our plants healthy and increase the yield.
- It improves the biodiversity of our garden. Makes your garden more attractive.
Points to take care while groth Flowers and Vegetables together:
- We should grow the flowers which bloom almost at the same time when your vegetables and fruits are growing.
- We should place our flowers in such a way so that they are hindering the sunlight to the vegetable and fruits plants.
- Keep flower plants in spread in the entire garden instead of putting all the flowers in one place.