Perlite: Used in Succulents soil mixture to improve aeration & drainage
What is Perlite?
Perlite is an amorphous volcanic glass that is very much physically stable and does not compress when mixed with soil or soilless media.
Why to use Perlite?
- Perlite contains no toxic chemicals
- Perlite has a neutral pH level
- It keeps soil loose and help in improving aeration & drainage in soil
- It can retain sufficient water without making soil muddy
- It acts as a temperature controller and provides good temperature tolerant capability to plants.
- Perlite is very light material so does not add much weight to the pots
Where to use Perlite?
- Perlite can be used in any kind of soil or soilless media for growing seeds and plants where we need to maintain the aeration and well drainage.
- We can use 20% Perlite in the soilless media for growing succulents.
- Perlite is also used in growing plants Hydroponically.