How to take care of snake plants?
Image Source: https://pixabay.com
Question: How to take care of snake plant?
Snake plant is one of the hardy plants and perfect for beginners in gardening. Also, it can be a good option for gifting. Please follow the below instructions for good care for the Snake plant.
- Snake plants are of multiple varieties. Care for all the snake plants are almost the same.
- Choose the right size of pot. Pot should not be very big. You can keep increasing and repotting the snake plant as it grows. It looks bushy in the right size pot. Example for one to two shoots of snake plant, 4-5 inch (diameter) of pot is enough.
- Snake plants thrive in bright indirect sunlight. Sunlight is most important for snake plants. You can keep 1 to 2 days a week outside in the shade. Do not put in full sunlight any time, specially during the summers when temperature is too high.
- Snake plants can be kept near the window, where there is enough sunlight.
- They need porous and light soil. You can use 20% Garden soil, 20% Vermicompost, 40% Cocopeat, 20% Some of the other ingredients (Neem Khali, Perlite, Vermiculite, Moss grass, Rice husk, Bone Meal etc.)
- Snake plants should be water only Once the soil is dry.
- Wash the leaves frequently to enhance the photosynthesis process.
- Typically this plant do not require any kind of fertilization but still adding some compost regularly will help the plant grow fast.
- One more key thing – Propagate the plant from its shoots. It will enhance your confidence in gardening and plants care.
Hope you have understood how to take care of the snake plants?
You can read further about snake plants by reading the below article.
Hope this was helpful?
Please leave a comment and do suggest if you know some more information regarding how to take care of the snake plants.